Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Cyma AKM Review

Upon receiving my akm through my favourite gunrunner, i immediately opened the box and held the gun. The gun is all metal except for the handguard and stock. It is solidly built with no creaks on the body. I immediately did some tests outside and here are my findings:

- very good accuracy and range ( might be a 6.04 barrel like my cyma soc16 )
- chronoed the gun and it read 460 fps on the chrono
- average rate of fire using the stock battery
- no missfeeds

I opened the gun for re greasing and re shimming. Stock shimming was mediocre. It already had metal bushings installed and didn't bother to replace the stock bushings because it was of good quality. I kept the stock spring and installed N/W spring guide with bearings. I installed a deepfire aluminum cylinder head and it had excellent compression. By the way, just like the cyma 035, it uses version 2 cylinder head. I was also surprised that it had a strong motor ( my soc16's motor was poor ).

Pros:
- all metal ( although boyi ak47's would have a better external finish )
- strong OOTB performance
- pretty good wood like finish on the handguard and stock
- very strong motor
- good wiring
- metal bushings already ootb
- excellent accuracy
- its and ak47
- very good internals

Cons:
- bakelite finish on the magazine isn't good
- plastic spring guide ( why ?!? )
- some say it has a crappy hopup rubber

My AKM

No comments: